New N411

#1 Posted by Indrid - Fri, Jul 11, 2014 6:05 PM
I just thought I would mention that I really love the new Nodeka411 layout. Its really clean, I was curious what your using for this? Is it drupal?

I was wondering if a downloads link would be implemented, allowing people to upload scripts/plugins?
#2 Posted by Indrid - Fri, Jul 11, 2014 6:08 PM
Oh, Nevermind. I found the articles/download section. Its just kinda hidden.
#3 Posted by Indrid - Fri, Jul 11, 2014 6:12 PM
Edit option for the discussions would be nice.. Also uploading in the articles section would be nice. I know its not common practice to let anyone upload files to your website but this would be really handy.

Nemesis

#4 Posted by Nemesis - Sun, Jul 13, 2014 5:16 AM
Actually, this system is not based an any pre-existing content management systems, I coded it from the ground up myself and am still adding features to it as we speak so it's very much a work in progress. The problem I had with the old site was that I moved to a newer server with upgraded hardware and because the code is so old, a lot of it broke, and it wasn't just the old nodeka411 site that broke either, others were affected.

So to solve that problem, I'm developing this system to manage all of my gaming sites in one place, that way I don't have to keep seperate code bases up to date, and when I update the one code base, it updates all the sites simultaneously. All the content from the various sites are stored in the same database, just segregated based on which domain you come in from.

I'm actually adding the ability to attach images and other files to articles as we speak. I'm developing this system for the players by a player, so I would appreciate any input or suggestions you may have. My vision for this is for it to become a social network for gamers which has groups and eventing that is game oriented with features that gamer's would find useful.